The Kraaifontein community began their protest a week ago after the death of a six-year-old girl, Gaylin Cupido. Several shops and a truck has been looted as a result of this.
It was reported that Cupido died after getting hit by a stray bullet in Scottsdene while walking with her mother. It is alleged that gangsters opened fires during an electrical blackout in the neighbourhood.
The six-year-old girl was hit by a bullet and was rushed to a nearby facility where she died. The suspected killer was arrested within 24 hours the incident happened.
Since the incident, the residents have continued protesting and clamouring for justice. A truck and some shops have been looted in the cause of this protest.
Based on reports residents shared online, Botfontein Road between La Boheme street and Maroela Circle in Kraaifontein have been closed due to the protests currently taking place in Kraaifontein and Brackenfell:
It is also suggested to stay away from these places below:
- Belmont Park, Kraaifontein.
- Robbed a liquor store on Old Paarl Rd.
- Kraaifontein Diamond Liquor
- Southern suburbs: Delft, Mfuleni, Kraaifontein, Khayelitsha — reports of smoke from burning tyres
- Two groups of rioters moving in the direction Brackenfell Industrial/Kraaifontein area, looting shops and businesses.
Watch video below:
The post Truck and shops looted in Brackenfell and Kraaifontein protest appeared first on .