Overview Of: Nigerian newspapers: 10 issues you want to understand this Sunday morning
Just right morning! This is as of late’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Division of State Services and products (DSS) has invited former Speaker of Space of Representatives, Ghali Umar Naa’ba. This adopted his condemnation of President Muhammadu Buhari over lack of confidence in Nigeria. He had described Nigeria as a failed state. Nationwide Consultative Entrance spokesperson, Tanko Yunusa, introduced the invitation in a commentary on Saturday. He stated Naa’ab will honour the DSS invitation on Monday by way of 12:00pm.
2. An election petition tribunal has affirmed the election of Douye Diri because the governor of Bayelsa State. The tribunal dominated that the petition filed by way of Owei Woniwei of the Alliance for Democracy, AD, towards Diri used to be incompetent and lacked advantage. The 3-man panel led by way of Justice Owodunni took the verdict on Saturday.
3. Nollywood actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, has printed that she has been sick and has since been in isolation. The actress, who disclosed this by means of her Instagram account on Saturday night, stated she used to be getting higher. In the meantime, she didn’t divulge her VOVID-19 standing however promised to go back with main points.
4. Lanre Rasaq, a stalwart of the All Progressives Congress (APC), is lifeless. It used to be disclosed that he gave up the ghost on Saturday. The flesh presser, 74, have been in poor health and may now not attend conferences since July. Razak used to be member of Lagos State Governor’s Advisory Council (GAC) and an best friend of APC Nationwide Chief, Bola Tinubu.
5. Lebanese Ambassador to Nigeria, Houssam Diab, has stated that the majority Nigerians in Lebanon weren’t trafficked however entered the rustic legally. He spoke at a gathering with the Minister of Overseas Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, in Abuja, clarifying that the Nigerian women who referred to as for lend a hand in movies have been stranded as a result of they might not be paid by way of their staff because of the worldwide financial disaster.
6. Nigeria’s Minister of Data, Lai Mohammed, has declared that there’s not anything incorrect in borrowing. He stated what issues is that finances are invested in infrastructure somewhat than services and products or intake. The minister insisted that Nigeria is successfully using the finances it borrowed from China and somewhere else for infrastructural building and task advent.
7. The President of Nigerian Investors Union in Ghana, Mr. Chukwuemeka Nnaji, Saturday raised the alarm as Ghanaian government’ close down retail outlets owned by way of Nigerians within the nation. Nnaji, whilst disclosing the advance in a phone interview with newsmen recommended the Federal Govt to interfere within the topic.
8. Nigeria, on Saturday, recorded 325 new instances of COVID-19, bringing the whole choice of instances to 48,770. Just one demise used to be recorded. Most effective 20 states and the FCT recorded recent instances.
9. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) on Saturday donated 7.Five tonnes of clinical provides to the Nigerian Govt as a part of its beef up to the Coronavirus pandemic in Nigeria. The consignment which arrived on the Nnamdi Azikiwe World Airport Abuja on Saturday contained 1000’s of Non-public Protecting Apparatus (PPEs).
10. Former Minister of Girls Affairs, Jummai Alhassan, popularly referred to as Mama Taraba, has declared that apart the Peoples Democratic Birthday party, PDP, there’s no different political birthday party in Taraba State. Addressing journalists in Abuja on Saturday, Mama Taraba stated the APC, a birthday party he joined in 2015, handled her badly forward of the 2019 election. The previous lawmaker stated she used to be disqualified from contesting the 2019 governorship election within the State with none explanation why.