Just right morning! This is these days’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Space of Consultant Committee which is investigating alleged misappropriation of price range within the Niger Delta Building Fee (NDDC) has summoned Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio, to seem earlier than it on Monday. This follows the semblance of the previous Appearing Managing Director of the NDDC, Joi Nunieh, on Friday by means of Zoom.
2. A Rivers State Prime Courtroom sitting in Port Harcourt has restrained the Nigeria Police and different Legislation enforcement companies from arresting the previous Appearing Managing Director of the Niger Delta Building Fee, NDDC, Joi Nunieh. The courtroom presided over by means of Justice S.E Thompson additionally granted an ex-parte order, restraining the NDDC and others from arresting Nunieh, pending the resolution of the topic in courtroom.
3. The Federal Executive has supplied some explicit tips for reopening of colleges within the nation. The ideas introduced by means of the Minister of State for Schooling, Emeka Nwajiuba, on Friday duvet 4 thematic spaces. They come with: staying house and finding out safely earlier than faculties and finding out amenities reopen; Reopening procedure; and stipulations for protection when finding out amenities are reopened.
4. The Nationwide Meeting Carrier Fee (NASC) has appointed Ojo Amos Olatunde because the Appearing Clerk of the Nationwide Meeting (CNA), The Cable reviews. The previous clerk, Mohammed Sani-Omolori was once got rid of for refusing to retire after 35 years in provider. Omolori had argued by means of a press liberate, insisting his time was once no longer up but.
5. The Commissioner of Police in Rivers State, CP Joseph Mukan, has requested Governor Nyesom Wike at hand over the previous Appearing Managing Director of NDDC, Joi Nunieh to the police. CP Mukan disregarded the hearsay that efforts have been made to achieve him, insisting that nobody reached out to him in connection to Nunieh’s arrest. He mentioned the Governor was once fallacious to have whisked Nunieh away with out recourse to the Legislation.
6. Former Appearing Managing Director of the Niger Delta Building Fee, Mrs Pleasure Nunieh, on Friday accused the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio, of hijacking the forensic audit of the NDDC ordered by means of the President, Main Common Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) Talking when she seemed earlier than the Space of Representatives Committee on NDDC, Nunieh alleged that the minister breached more than a few regulations in a bid to hijack the forensic audit.
7. The Nigerian Air Drive has published that it was once investigating the loss of life of its Flying Officer, Tolulope Arotile, in a highway coincidence. NAF additionally disclosed that two individuals have been being held in terms of the loss of life of the officer who was once speculated to had been hit by means of a reversed automobile pushed by means of a classmate. The NAF Director of Public Members of the family and Data, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, mentioned the general public could be up to date at the result of the investigation.
8. The Lagos State Executive has supplied other ways for motorists to make use of, all over the partial closure of the 3rd Mainland Bridge. In a remark signed by means of the Commissioner for Transportation, Dr Frederic Oladeinde, on Friday, the six-month workout would goal “solving the wiped out enlargement joints at the construction of the bridge.” Oladeinde famous that ongoing restore works at the other ways have been being rounded up in readiness for the partial closure which starts on Friday, July 24.
9. The Akwa Ibom Executive has suspended Mr. Emmanuel Nicholas, a media aide to Gov. Udom Emmanuel, with fast impact. Nicholas was once suspended because of fraudulent allegations levelled in opposition to him. The suspension was once introduced in a remark issued by means of the Secretary to the State Executive, Dr Emmanuel Ekuwem, in Uyo on Friday. Ekuwem mentioned that the Particular Assistant to the governor on Media would stay suspended till investigations have been finished by means of the safety companies to transparent him of the allegations.
10. The Governor of Ebonyi State, Leader David Umahi has ordered the fast and indefinite suspension of 5 of his Particular Assistants on Markets for failure to protect investors to be able to apply the COVID-19 protection protocols. The affected aides have been suspended lower than one month once they have been appointed. The governor had visited the Margret Umahi Int’l Marketplace Abakaliki the place he came upon that the mentioned aides weren’t on responsibility.